This particular service of ours is especially well liked by our core markets, occasionally leading to enthusiastic fascination. Here are the answers to those giddy questions.
- The concept is primarily inspired by a honed way of life ("the WoL") maintained by many in the diplomatic and consular corps, especially at-large ambassadors of smaller countries.
- Of importance to the efficiency of your productivity and as a contingency resource in a world of increasingly manipulative cross-border litigants, the world's savviest independent financiers and multinational leaders now maintain the prudent arrangement of a dispersal of rapidly deployable but individually disposable satellite offices—usually integrated into a self-maintained dispersal of data backups and keycards. Even if one location/country/entity/office were to be compromised, the data would be useless packets of encrypted data to an adversary. One keycard would be useless, but a combination of a keycard with proper biometric and password access would enable a physical multi-step authentication.
- Some luxury-caliber vacation-rental resorts similarly offer stationary storage of leisure equipment, but we further expand our benefits to a variety of destinations, all within a focus of business and other confidential travel. Meanwhile, we often provide use of incidental recreational equipment that is relevant to the locale.
- Storage rooms generally are unacceptably poor with their unreliable physical security, the accessibility of databases of official ID records, judicial accessibility in a culture of litigation manipulation, and many other factors. Even among members of our core markets who live long distances away, the risks associated with storage rooms render them as being useless—and even intolerably compromising.
You are encouraged to store your possessions in one or more locked containers. Some security-mindful clients prefer alloy storage boxes, such as the ones used for toolboxes attached to flat-bed trucks. As a powerful set of reassurances, you can place a GPS tracker inside with a remote sensor and radio signal that notifies you of a broken seal, excessive vibration (the friction of hours of a grinder on a steel wall of the box), or high heat (indicative of a plasma cutter). A titanium padlock or embedded latch would provide you with the comfort that an attempt at breaching would likely involve plenty of advance notice to you.
Items may be shipped to other locations of Dignitary Discretion for subsequent stays in Executive Luxury. Weights above twenty pounds are subject to reimbursement at our actual cost.
Limitations and Conditions
The following abstract is a preliminary non-binding set of plain-English intentions, but does not constitute a contract or our exhaustive conditions. A detailed agreement would precede any custodial arrangement.
Requirements on Stored Items
Please respect our protective loyalty; please do not put us into legal peril. No illegal items may be stored. No items may be unlawfully stored to evade legal obligations of any jurisdiction of the US or ally thereof. Our public accessibility and client anonymity disable us from holding governmentally classified information of the US, UK, British Commonwealth, or affiliate thereof.
If we receive reasonable cause to believe that the contents could be illegal, or if compulsory orders are issued to relinquish such contents, our intention is that we generally would attempt to notify you and/or a designated representative of yours by the means available to us, within available time constraints. If your legal counsel or other entity cannot successfully recover possession and block any relevant revelations, we may relinquish the item to a relevant official department, preferring any known relationship with a specific branch or handler of the US military or US foreign-affairs agency, if reasonably and legally available as an option without our incurring responsibility for any legal proceedings.
No regulated, hazardous, flammable, or perishable items may be stored.
Storage is incidental to supporting the convenience of hospitality and business services. We do not store merchandise or bulk items.
No single item may be stored above the weight of one hundred pounds. Capacity is limited to reasonable possessions for short-term travel use while staying in lodging of the most recent size.
We are not in the business of providing customary storage or safety deposit boxes. We are not suitable for extraordinarily fragile, valuable, or irreplaceable items.
You are responsible for insuring the contents if you wish to do so, and for declaring the contents to the insurer.
Storage of Your Luggage on the Day of Arrival
Storage on the day of your arrival is normally only available with Executive Luxury, but you are welcome to schedule your arrival for any hour of the calendar day with a regular package of the Executive Collection.
Our packages of the Executive Collection inherently have a different structure of 24-hour dedicated accompaniment for your luggage, including a countersurveillance keeper to manage security. Some people who find themselves in the headlines for the first time, and unfamiliar with safehouse security, question why we cannot offer this seemingly basic convenience with all packages, especially considering our general realm of five-star luxury.
Explanation for Limited Availability
- To protect your luggage from tampering, we would need to develop a two-person vault entry, akin to safety deposit boxes. The permanence of a vault system violates a fundamental concept of non-exclusive safehouses.
- We have a duty of protection of our other clients; our core markets include corporate, financial, and national leaders. To avoid risks of sophisticated and determined adversaries from using induction (a refusal would indicate that the high-profile target is indeed staying with us) or deduction (identifying which locations are inapplicable as a function of where we would allow storage), we must maintain consistency of this policy.
- Fundamental safehouse concepts forbid a public lobby with a front desk.
Therefore, to avoid compromises of security—the most prominent reason for staying with us instead of a standard hotel—while maintaining less costly alternatives to the packages with dedicated staff and countersurveillance, there normally is no mechanism available for same-day storage before your arrival or after your departure.